Serum Amyloid A (SAA) Testing
Testing with the AEH Life Assays Magnia Reader
Serum Amyloid A (SAA) testing with the AEH Life Assays Magnia Reader. Serum Amyloid A protein (SAA) is a positive acute phase protein, which increases when the inflammatory system is stimulated. The concentration of SAA in serum or plasma is increased by trauma, bacterial, viral, fungal and parasitic infections.
This patented point of care magnetic immunoassay (MIAs) technology has many advantages:
• Point of care at barn or stable.
• Small amount of blood or serum needed.
• Consistent results, no calibration necessary.
• High sensitivity and precision.
• The portable AEH Life Assays Magnia Reader is battery operated with a 110/220V charger.
• Inflammatory response detection in five minutes.
• Reader consistency allows monitoring response to therapy over time.
• Open platform allows new tests to be added in the future.